Friday, September 27, 2013

Fun Inspirational Idea To Do For Your Kids ...

 
After Hurricane Sandy, I felt like I wanted to have something in my home that I could look at that would encourage us and fill our house with positive energy.  At first I was going to order some inspirational words and sayings to just place around my house, but I kind of felt like I would want to change them all the time.  Since I am trying to keep my life simple and more organized, I didn't want to have a lot of stuff around either.  I love reading positive affirmations and will often type myself a note and email it to myself so I can read something positive in the morning. 
 
I decided to get a black board for my kitchen, which we recently renovated after the hurricane.  My husband hung it up and while my son was getting ready for school, I thought it would be fun to write him a note.  When he was younger, I used to put little cards in his school lunch so when he opened it at school he would get a special little note from me with cute little sayings.  He loved it and his friends used to ask him if I could send in cards for them too.  It was such a fun thing to do. 
 
I was surprised that Davey liked my blackboard idea.  I was even more surprised when he told me he wanted to write a special note for his dad to read when he came home from work.  We are having so much fun with it that I wanted to share the idea... it's a fun way to let our kids know you're thinking about them. 
 
Probably my favorite note so far was today's note. My mom passed away last year, but the one lesson I always remembered that she taught me was to be kind and that is what I now teach my son.  What special message would you write?  I would love to hear about it!
 
 
 
 
 
Here's some of our adorable Lunch Box Notes from Carries Kiddie Closet.
 
All pictures and recipes are © Copyright 2013 CarriesKiddieCloset

 
Connect with Gluten Free Jersey Girl on FACEBOOK
Follow us on Instagram
Check out our sister site, Carries Kiddie Closet
Carries Kiddie Closet on FACEBOOK!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment