Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Clean Detox Program Day 2


So I made it to day 2 of the Clean Program.  I have to say I am feeling pretty good already!  I have been eating healthy for so long that this program is very close to how I normally eat.  I do occasionally eat peanut butter, soy, eggs and corn and eliminating them has been a little challenging.

For breakfast I made a shake, which I have to say I prefer eating fresh fruit, but I want to stick to his plan as close as I can.

This mornings shake was berries, almond milk, brown rice protein powder and spinach... very tasty!


I really needed a snack today, so I chose some fresh veggies with hummus... it definitely hit the spot!


I am drinking 1 cup of coffee a day, although you are supposed to eliminate it completely, I opted to keep 1 cup of coffee in each day... and steamed some hemp milk and topped with cinnamon ... yum!  


Lunch was a salad mixture of greens and small piece of poached chicken with my favorite new dressing that consists of 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, 1 teaspoon of stone ground mustard, 2 teaspoons of water and half a lemon squeezed in...  I have to say this dressing is just soooooo good... I think you could change it up and instead of lemon try squeezing in oranges, rasberries or a dash of pomergranite juice...

Dinner is detox lentil soup...


I am also having a snack which is an apple with 1 teaspoon of raw almond butter...


Today was definitely a great day!  I had plenty of energy and was able to get all of my orders done and even had time to play with my dog in the yard.  I have been trying to teach her to fetch, but she will only retrieve the item when I throw... she will not bring it back to me!  For some reason, this is a foreign concept to my dog!  


No comments:

Post a Comment