Tuesday, November 18, 2014

What I Ate Tuesday and (Almost) Raw Fudgy Bite Cookies

My week started out a little crazy.  We are doing with some re-organizing because our spare bedroom is eventually going to be my new office.  I was hoping to get it set up before the New Year, but with the chance of having to raise our home in front of us right now, those plans are put on hold.  I need to go through boxes and organize some things so if we do have to pack up to move out for 3 to 4 months, I will be prepared.  It's not a fun process, but it has to be done.   I kept my food really simple today because it was hectic, but here's a brief snapshot of what I ate (mostly drank).

For breakfast this week I've been trying a new Raw Protein Shake.  I mixed Garden of Life Protein Powder with 1 spoon of Wilderness Poet's Hempspread.  I also added a little almond milk and dash of stevia.  It tasted ok.


For lunch I had hummus and some veggies.


My friend asked me to go for a coffee and I thought it would be a nice break from all the craziness of my house, so we headed off to Manasquan and found a cute little place called Green Planet Coffee Co. on Main Street..  I was delighted to see they now offer almond milk cappuccino's. 


It's so cold here at the Jersey Shore today, only in the 20's so it was nice to enjoy an almond milk cappuccino and hang out with a friend for a bit.  It's a cute place with a nice ambiance and a perfect place to hang out and stay warm.

There is another one located on Arnold Avenue in Point Pleasant and you can see my review here.

I love the decor and it was nice to be a be able to get spend time with a friend.  The place is smaller than the Point Pleasant location, but it's still a charming little place to stop in and relax, especially when it's so cold out!  It's a great time to meet up with my friend Hiedi before all the crazy preparations for Thanksgiving start!  


 Next it was time to take Mandy for a walk around the neighborhood.  She does not like the cold, so it was just a 1 mile walk by the water. 


Inspite of the cold, it was an absolute beautiful day! 

 

After our walk I made these yummy protein fudgy bite cookies (recipe below).  They tasted so good, almost like a brownie.   


For dinner I kept it simple by making another protein shake.  I blended 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 cup of mango/pineapple mix, 1 cup of almond milk, 1 teaspoon of nut butter, stevia, handful of pumpkin seeds and a couple big handfuls of spinach.  


Here's the ingredients I used in my cookie:

Garden of Life Raw Protein Powder


Wild Friends Chocolate Almond Butter with Sesame Seeds


Wilderness Poet's Hempspread


Artisana Raw Coconut Butter


Coconut Secret Coconut Nectar


Here's the cookie recipe ...


(Almost) Raw Fudgy Bites
Recipe by: Gluten Free Jersey Girl
Gluten free, dairy free, paleo 

Serves 1-2

Ingredients 

1 Tablespoon protein powder
1 Tablespoon chocolate almond butter with sunflower seeds
1 Tablespoon coconut butter
1 Tablespoon coconut nectar

Instructions

Mix all ingredients together

Be patient as the batter will be very thick.  If you need too, add a touch of almond milk.  Be sure to stir enough so the batter becomes as smooth as you can get it.
Roll into balls and refrigerate for a half an hour.

Enjoy


Notes:  You can use any protein powder or nut butters that you like.  This recipe works well with peanut butter, almond butter and cashew butter.  Makes approximately
5-6 small round cookies.

After dinner Mandy was enjoying lounging with her blanket while I worked on my laptop.




Be sure to follow us for daily updates and for more gluten free food scoops coming soon!!



No comments:

Post a Comment