Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sunday Fun Day around the Jersey Shore

I found my happy place!


Fall Sundays at the Jersey Shore are a great time to drive around and see different areas that we have not been to, especially since the summer crowds are gone.  I have been living here for 15 years, but I had no idea this beautiful little jem was this close to me.  I grew in Upper Montclair surrounded by beautiful parks and since moving to Brick, have missed them so much.  Brick is set up more like a city, so there are no parks like this here.  The bay is a half a block from my house and it's absolutely beautiful here, but I miss parks.  After having lunch in Belmar the other day, my friend and I happened upon this beautiful lake.  We didn't have time to stop, so I brought my husband and son and we had the best time walking, taking pictures and of course climbing trees.


It was so much fun watching the ducks swimming in the water and enjoying the serenity and beauty of nature.


My son and I had quite a fun time climbing this awesome shaped tree. 


I almost fell off!  


I did it!  Ok, well it was not that high, but it was fun!



I had to hug the tree!! 


Kevin (almost) hugged a tree!!


It was a cloudy day, but it was still beautiful and I enjoyed every moment ... I found my happy place!
 I find such peace and serenity when I am in nature.  God's beauty is so inspiring and no mater what is going on in life, all I have to is go out in nature, smell flowers, even looking at beautiful pictures can all make me feel so much better.  I am so incredibly Blessed and I try to embrace every moment.  The world around us can be so chaotic and it is so important that we take time for ourselves to simply be still, and enjoy what surrounds us.   I have been trying to do more of that these days.  I am not one to love the winter time, but I am learning to embrace it more every day.  God whispers to us every day, we just need to listen.  


After enjoying the  walk around this beautiful lake, we stopped in Belmar for something to eat. 
We went to Stay Gold Cafe in Belmar and I had my favorite Guido Salad, yum!!  I also had a delicious almond milk cappuccino.  They had a band playing and we definitely had a fun time!  They also have Acai Bowls and an awesome juice bar!!  


Best salad ever!!  


Yummy almond milk cappuccino!


Neat wall decorations!


Don't miss the juice and smoothie bar -  Acai bowls look amazing (next time). 


Next we stopped at Shore Antiques Center in Allenhurst and Kevin and Davey had some fun looking at antiques!  







Then we stopped at our friends house for a cup of tea and finally, home to relax!
That was our fun Sunday at the Jersey Shore!  

Everyone needs one ... find your happy place !!  

Be sure to follow us for daily updates and for more gluten free food scoops!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment