Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The Cave' Paleo Eatery in Belmar, NJ


Today I found a neat little restaurant near me called The Cave' in Belmar, NJ.  It's located at 515 Sylvania Avenue in Belmar, NJ.  This place is so adorable!  I loved the design of the restaurant and the food is amazing.  The Cave' is a gluten free, dairy free, grain free restaurant and follows the paleo diet.  Being gluten and dairy free, this is just perfect for me!  How nice that I can eat anything I want on the menu.  The only dairy that they have is butter that is used in their paleo coffee, or as I call it, bullet proof coffee, and I was told that they will provide cream for anyone who wants it for their coffee.

Since I cannot have butter, I was not able to try the paleo coffee.  I opted for a cup of tea.  They have a variety of organic teas to choose from.  They also have iced tea and regular hot coffee.

First up, I chose their special soup of the day which was a cauliflower soup.  I love cauliflower and have not found a way to make a soup that tastes great.

Well, all I can say is this soup is delicious and tasted so creamy and was just so good!  I have not had a creamy non-dairy soup like this in years.  I was pleasantly surprised at how much it tasted like a baked potato soup!

My husband chose chicken vegetable soup!   He also had a burger (I forgot to take a picture) which comes on a bed of lettuce with very tasty sweet potatoes.  


My husband really enjoyed it! 


Next I had a delicious salad!  It was filled with baby spinach and kale, topped with mushrooms and a deliciously sweet Dijon Balsamic Dressing.  It tasted amazing! 








I loved it and will definitely be back!  I can't wait to try the Caveman's Breakfast!  

Pretty Tables ...


Lights made from egg baskets ... very cute!



This was a fun place to go and you can find something if you are vegan, paleo, gluten free or just want to eat a healthy plant based meal, or enjoy organic grass fed meats.   It has a little something for everyone.  

Oh yeah, and I cannot forget about the Mocha Brownie with Bacon.  Seriously - unbelievable!  Ok, well I usually prefer more of a raw food based dessert, but I have to say, this was too good to pass up!  

If you would like to follow them on facebook, click here! 

After we came home, it was off for a walk around the Quay with Davey, Mandy and Kevin to spend some time enjoying this incredible Jersey Shore Fall weather!  



Then, some shopping for Davey's Halloween costume.  
Unfortunately, he didn't find what he wanted, but we had fun looking!  





That's it for now!  Be sure to be on the lookout for my reviews of Abba Paleo Bars and live tweeting and reviews right fromWalt Disney World, Florida, Winter Park, Florida and Orlando ... coming soon!

Be sure to follow us for daily updates!

Facebook
Instagram
Google+
Twitter
You Tube


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all of the great words!

    I actually made the table under the "pretty tables" caption and all of the pendant lights in the place myself :). We also now have the largest chalkboard wall in Avon ;)

    Phil
    Co-owner - Cavé

    ReplyDelete