Friday, October 17, 2014

Top 10 Gluten Free, Dairy Free Snacks to Bring When Traveling

Top 10 Snacks to Bring for Traveling
Gluten Free, Dairy Free


Traveling gluten free and dairy free can be quite challenging.  I have found that the best thing for me to do is to be very prepared!  I always pack a lot of extra snacks so I don't get stuck with nothing to eat, or having to eat unhealthy foods.  I prefer to eat as healthy as I can when I go away, but I will definitely always enjoy myself too.  I think it's all about balance, but if  I don't eat well on vacation, then I won't feel well on vacation!  After losing 100 lbs., (read about my weight loss here) I have learned that it can be so easy to fall back to old habits if I am not prepared.  Making sure I have foods that will nourish my body and make me feel well, definitely helps me to have a much better, more relaxing vacation.  

Here are some of my favorite snacks I bring with me while traveling.

Nut Butter Packets

One of my favorite things to bring are almond butter packets.  I love these because they are so easy to carry around and you can easily pick up some veggies or fruit and you don't even need a spoon.  You can eat right out of the package!  I found some different brands that have a lot of awesome flavors, so this trip I will be bringing a bunch of packets with me!  


Kale Chips

Kale chips are a great snack to eat when on a long car ride and plane ride.  They can be your meal too when you can't find anything else, and of course, they are very tasty and super healthy!

Coconut Chips

If you have not tried these yet, you are totally missing out.  Coconut chips come in all different flavors and are super tasty and very nutritous.  These are perfect to eat right out of the bag or bring them with you and add to a simple sample to dress it up and add in some nutrients.


Protein Bars

I always bring protein bars whenever I go anywhere.  That way if I cannot find something for lunch, I will eat my bar with a piece of fruit, and it's very filling.


Chia Squeeze Packets

Don't have time to make chia cereal?  These squeeze packets are perfect.  Just throw in your purse and go!  They taste delicious and are very filling.


Chia Seed Packets

These are perfect for an on the go breakfast.  Simply add your favorite non-dairy milk, some fruit and you've got a terrific, healthy and filling meal or snack.


Hemp Seed Packets

Hemp seeds are packed full of protein and I was so excited when I found the individual packets.  These are perfect for adding to your salads, your chia cereal or mixing in with some nuts for a healthy trail mix.  It's definitely a protein boost and if you have a blender, you can even add some water to them and make up some hemp milk.

Raw Crackers


Fresh Fruit

You can just never go wrong with fresh fruit.  My favorite fruit to bring is always the easiest, bananas, grapes, pre-cut apples and clementines.  I usually will combine with 1 of my nut butter packs for the perfect mini meal.


Baby Carrots and Hummus

I love to buy these adorable little baggies of pre-cut carrots and hummus packs.  They make another perfect mini meal or snack and because they are already packaged, they are so easy to just throw in your bag and go.  


When traveling by plane my number 1 tip is always package your food in plastic bags.  You will move through security a little bit faster and it makes it easier for them to quickly check your bags.  It's definitely the most important thing that I do when packing my food items. I also recommend packaging any of your other items as well, such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, makeup, etc.  It definitely helps to make an easier time boarding the plane!  

Here's a quick video of what I packed for our trip to Disney World, Florida ...



Be sure to follow us for daily updates!

You Tube




No comments:

Post a Comment