Saturday, January 3, 2015

30 Day Be Thankful Challenge ... Day 3

Kindness Really Matters ...

It's day 3 and so far you should be writing something to be thankful for every day and noticing anything good that is around us.  

The next step is to now begin to focus on how you are treating the world.  

Ask yourself some questions... 

How do I treat people?  
Am I kind?  
Am I a good listener?  
Do I genuinely care about other people?  

My mother used to say you get more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.  She also used to say to always be nice to people because you never know what someone is going through in their lives. This is a principle I have always lived my life by.  I always tried to help anybody who needed it.  I never really thought about it, it's just the way I was.  When I was working in the medical field dealing with insurance companies, I was always told by insurance reps that they would be happy to help me because I was nice to them.  There was another girl in our office who was always mean to them and they would tell me they always put her claim to the bottom of the pile, and mine to the top. 

You don't have to do something huge to be kind.  Just being thankful for someone in your life and letting them know, opening doors for people, saying thank you or just helping someone find something in a store can be kind.  It's the small things that we do every day that can really make a huge impact in people's lives.  The kinder you are to the world, the kinder the world will be back to you.  Take note about how you act when you are impatient or frustrated.  Start treating others as you would want to be treated.  When someone is not kind to you, show them how to be kind by you being kind to them.  

Kindness really matters ...  

Thank you for reading and our next post will be in a few days ...  be sure to follow the steps below every day ...

Write something you are thankful for every day ...
Focus on only positive things ..
Do something kind every day ...

  Be sure to follow us ...

No comments:

Post a Comment