Saturday, March 1, 2014

Green monster smoothie

 
Green Smoothie Lover Personalized Note Cards available at
http://www.carrieskiddiecloset.com


 

This smoothie is one of my favorite combinations!  It's super sweet and is packed full of nutrients.  You can customize it any way you like by adding chia seeds, hemp seeds, almond milk, etc.  I love the taste of combining the grapes with the pineapple.  This is definitely a great smoothie to try if you are new to smoothies because the sweetness of the fruit hides the green taste of the kale.   You can also substitute kale with spinach too!  Combine with a handful of pumpkin seeds or 1 of my favorite new Goji lemon muffins  or goji lemon truffles or a spoon of your favorite protein powder.  My favorite is sun-warrior raw vanilla flavored protein powder. 
 
Kale is packed full of nutrients including carotenoids and flavonoids which are 2 powerful antioxidants that protect our cells from free radicals.  It's low in calories, has no fat and rich in vitamin K, iron and fiber. Pineapple and grapes are also packed full of vitamin C and minerals and the combination of all 3 will keep you energized all morning!  Adding a little protein slows down the absorption of sugar and helps to provide a steady energy all morning long.

NOTE: 
My dad reminded me to make sure your grapes are seeded!  There are a lot of nutrients in the seeds of grapes - and while I don't like to eat the seeds - I can easily blend them up and get the benefits that way!   I think my dad knows what he is talking about!  He's in his 80's and you would never know it!! 
 




This recipe is gluten free, vegan, dairy free, nut free, paleo friendly and
Dr. Furhman's Eat To Live friendly.
 
Enjoy ...

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment